11 Nov 2009

questionnaire.

Next I decided I want to produce a Music Magazine, this consisting of a Front Cover, Article and Contents page.


I made a Questionnaire for people to take to help me decide what I would like my target audience to be, and what kind of music they listened to. This questionnaire was a big part of research and gave me a good starting point from which I could extend my ideas. All of the people I asked were asked anonymously took part in this magazine.


Questionnaire

How old are you?
[ ] Under 18
[ ] 18 – 24
[ ] 25 – 39
[ ] 40 – 55
[ ] 56 +
70% of the people I asked were under 18 years of age, 20% of the people I asked were 18 – 24 years old and the other 10% were 25 – 39 year olds.

What do you prefer to listen to your music on?
[ ] Ipod
[ ] Mp3 Player
[ ] Radio
[ ] Phone
[ ] Computer
[ ] CD’s
80% of the people I asked listened to music on either a computer or Ipod, the other 20% of people I asked listened to CD’s and the Radio.

What attracts you to a magazine?
[ ] Front cover
[ ] Adverts
[ ] Articles
[ ] Offers
[ ] Puzzles
All of the people I asked either said Articles or Front cover. 60% said just the front cover and 40% said both the front cover and the articles featured inside.

How much are you willing to spend on a magazine?
[ ] £1 - £2
[ ] £2 - £3
[ ] £3 - £4
[ ] £4 +
All of the people I asked said they would pay £1 - £2 for a magazine.



How often do you buy magazines?
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Fortnightly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Never
30% of the people I asked said they bought magazines weekly, another 30% of the people I asked said they bought magazines fortnightly, the other 40% of the people said they only bought magazines monthly.

What type of magazine interests you most?
[ ] Sport
[ ] Music
[ ] Glamour
[ ] Film
[ ] Gaming
[ ] Real life
70% of the people I asked said they bought Music or Glamour magazines, the other 30% of the people said they bought magazines for the real life.

What kind of music do you like?
[ ] Pop
[ ] Rock
[ ] Jazz
[ ] Heavy Metal
[ ] Dance
[ ] Chart
[ ] R ‘n’ B
[ ] Rap
[ ] Punk
[ ] Blues
All of the people I asked ticked multiple boxes, 80% of the people said they liked to listen to Dance and Chart music, the other 20% of the people said they liked to listen to Chart and Indie music.

What sex model do you prefer to be on the front cover of a magazine?
[ ] Male
[ ] Female
90% of the people I asked said they preferred a female to be on the front cover of a magazine, only 10% preferred men on the front cover.

What would be a suitable name for my magazine?
[ ] Slam
[ ] Forte
[ ] Brio
[ ] Elegy
[ ] Note
70% of the people I asked said I should name my magazine ‘Slam’, 20% said I should name my magazine ‘Elegy’ the other 10% said I should name my magazine ‘Note’


What was the last CD you bought?

…………………………………………………………………………………………..
All of the people I asked said they recently bought a CD which had entered the charts in the past two months.

What are your favourite songs?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
All of the people I asked also said that their favourite songs had come from the recent charts. 70% of the people said there favourite songs came from the top 40 U.K charts from that week. The other 30% said there favourite songs were from the top 100 U.K charts.

What are the names of the magazines you currently read?

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
70% of the people I asked said they read either Closer or NME, 20% of the people said they read Kerrang and the other 10% said they read Pick me up.

Is there any other information you would like to tell me about magazines?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
All of the people I asked said they liked magazines to be colour with interesting hooks.

No comments: